The Department of Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) and Ministry of Commerce and Industry (MOCI) are jointly organising the first post-Budget webinar – Creating Synergies for Accelerated Economic Growth’. The Webinar will be a platform for dignitaries, academicians and industry stakeholders to discuss the plans for improving India’s logistics game.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s address to the participants on the GatiShakti masterplan will be on how the Union Budget 2022 is a scaffold for progressing through it.
Piyush Goyal, the Minister for Commerce and Industry, will chair the concluding session – which will be a chance for all the stakeholders to give their inputs on the possible strategies that can be applied to achieve the aim. The webinar is to be conducted as 5 simultaneous sessions discussing various aspects of the logistics sector in India, as follows:
- Anurag Jain, Secretary, DPIIT, Ministry of Commerce and Industry shall lead the first session on ‘Nation as a whole approach’ to introduce a new vision of integrated planning and synchronized time-bound implementation.
- Shri Amrit Lal Meena, Special Secretary for Logistics at DPIIT, Ministry of Commerce and Industry will lead the second session on ‘Cooperative Federalism and Enhanced Capital Investment for Infrastructure’.
- Giridhar Aramane, Secretary, Ministry of Road Transport & Highways (MoRTH) will lead the third session on ‘Enablers of Logistics Efficiency’ focusing on the national expressway master plan along with Sagarmala, Parvatmala as well as the PM GatiShakti multi-modal cargo terminals.
- Amitabh Kant, CEO, NITI Aayog will lead the fourth session titled ‘ULIP-Revolutionizing Indian Logistics’. During this session, the progress made so far and the way forward for ULIP shall be deliberated upon.
- Rajesh Aggarwal, Secretary, Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE) will lead the fifth session on ‘Logistics Workforce Strategy- Enhancing skill and employment opportunities’.
With the GatiShakti Masterplan, the government aims to fill the gaps in the existing logistics ecosystem of the country, thereby, improving the logistics infrastructure which ensures a seamless movement of people, goods and services. Better standard and ease of living, ease of doing business, expedited paperwork, faster completion of projects and ultimately, cost efficiencies are a few landmarks that the master plan will achieve while striving for the main goal.