Rhenus India, a leading logistics service provider, announces its plans to introduce new products across its existing business verticals, add a new business unit and enhance its capabilities in sustainable logistics.
Recording a year-on-year average growth of 20% to 30% from 2010 to 2021 in India, the global logistics service provider now plans to expand its product portfolio for the domestic market.
The company also have plans to introduce environmentally sustainable products and services, ranging from carbon-neutral LCL product to exploring the use of electric vehicles for trucking.
To name a few products introduced by Rhenus Logistics across the four business units (Air & Ocean, Customs Brokerage, Contract Logistics, and Domestic Freight):
- Air Freight Consol from Hongkong to Chennai (three consols per week)
- Cross-Border Road Freight to SAARC Nations (The South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation)
- Chemical Warehouses in Gurugram (February 2022) and Bhiwandi (May 2022)
- Visibility Tool – to provide comprehensive visibility to the customers for real-time decision making
- Global Service Centre – to manage an entire spectrum of customs services and requirements for the United Kingdom and other European countries
- Control Tower To further provide end-to-end visibility to customers, Rhenus India will now offer Supply Chain Solutions, providing technology-enabled logistics support as part of a dedicated new business unit.
Over the past two years, the logistics provider has shown a growth at a trajectory of 1.4 million square feet of warehousing space and over 500 new employees added to the local team. Highlights include the opening of a new chemical multi-user warehouse in Chennai in 2021, strengthening its capabilities to serve the chemical industries.
Customers lie at the forefront of our strategy. Rhenus India will continue to invest in people, resources, and infrastructure while keeping a long-term view of growth in mind. Digital Excellence, HR Excellence, and Customer Centricity will be the pillars of our future growth.”~ Vivek Arya, Managing Director of Rhenus India.
Rhenus India has over seven decades of expertise in domestic freight and logistics services, and supports corporate customers across 70 offices in India, with more than 2,000 professionally qualified employees and 2.4 million square feet of warehousing space.
The Logistics provider provides integrated logistics solutions and services across most industry segments including chemicals and petrochemicals, industrial and engineering, automotive, electronics and white goods as well as pharmaceuticals.