The Air Cargo Agents Association of India (ACAAI) held its 53rd annual general meeting in Mumbai yesterday. During the AGM, the following members were elected unopposed at various positions of the Managing Committee:
- Mr. Samir J Shah – Hony. Secretary from Star Freight Ahemdabad
- Mr. Praveen Menon – Hony. Treasurer from Interfreight Chennai
- Mr. Mahesh Trikha – Member Managing Committee from Aargus Global Delhi
- Mr. Ronald Goveas – Member Managing Committee from Skylink Freight Mumbai
- Mr. Vikram Kumar – Member Managing Committee from CTC Air Carriers Delhi and
- Ms. Chaitaly Mehta – Member Managing Committee from EKF Global Logistics Mumbai
The outgoing Hony. Treasurer Mr. Anil Vazirani from Robinsons, has been co-opted as the Member Managing Committee, and Mr. Afzal Malbarwala continues to be the President, while Mr. C K Govil is the Vice President of the Association.
The AGM was attended by Members, Regional Chairman and Board of Advisors including Mr. Sam Katgara, Mr. Keshav Tanna, Mr. Vipin Vohra and Mr. T A Varghese.
Before any business transaction took place, all the Members stood in silence as a mark of respect of respect of former President of ACAAI and Board of Advisor – Mr. Bharat Thakkar who passed away in the month of May this year. He shall be remembered for his selfless services to ACAAI.
Mr. Radharamana Panicker of DGM India, who was a special invitee, enlightened the members regarding the new competence based training for Dangerous Goods which shall be enforced from 1st January 2023.