Post Date : April 13, 2022
The Logistics Division of Ministry of Commerce & Industry tweeted yesterday that the PM Gati Shakti Masterplan will be given an investment boost of additional INR 5,000 crore. The finance fuelling will be done to assist the States with capital expenditure.
- The projects eligible to reap the benefits of the said investment boost are:
MMLPs and modern aggregation centers
- First and last mile connectivity for industrial parks and special economic zones
- Data monitoring centers at State level for assessing freight movement
- Land acquisition for developing new industrial parks
- Connectivity projects for cargo terminals development by Ministry of Railways
- Setting up Gati Shakti data centers
PM Gati Shakti brings together projects such as Bharatmala, Sagarmala, inland waterways, dry/land ports, and UDAN under one umbrella, thereby, integrating the infrastructure projects of almost 16 ministries onto a single platform. It will also focus on economic zones such as textile clusters, pharmaceutical clusters, defence corridors, electronic parks, industrial corridors, fishing clusters, agricultural zones etc.
Last month, to facilitate efficient and economical transportation of coal to Maithan Power Project, the first ever Gati Shakti Cargo Terminal was successfully commissioned in Asansol Divison of Eastern Railway. The Masterplan is expected to gather pace since the announcements made in the Union Budget 2022.